I guess I am a little behind on the updates, ( as you can see from the title!) because it is now a couple weeks after Christmas. I guess it's because the holidays have had their relaxing effect on me already. (just kidding, I actually forgot! ;) Two Fridays ago we had our last day of school, on Saturday, Dad was home all day (and the next 3 days!)
We actually got the French doors painted and finished! The handles are on too, but they aren't the kind that you turn. Then we got new carpet, (a pretty, soft burgundy-brown colour) and then the day after Boxing Day, (when all the sales are on!) we got a new couch and loveseat. Our old couch was older than me! So now, the living room looks very nice! (Now I really need to get a camera!!)
On Christmas, we had a service in the morning, and then we were off to my Uncle John and Aunt Wilma's place for Christmas dinner! Uncle Bert and Aunt Janet and family, plus my Oma were there also, so it was quite a houseful! After a great dinner, we all played Scattergories, and snacked. On Boxing Day we relaxed and had our own family dinner. That's because my Oma and Opa from my Mom's side were supposed to come, but then my Oma got sick, so we had to make use of an already thawed-out turkey! Too bad we didn't get any snow!
On New Year's Eve, which was on a Sunday, we had a service at the regular afternoon time, and afterwards had a church coffee social with Olliebollen! Then we went to a friend's place for a dinner, but when we came home, I had to babysit for a family friend. I came home just in time for all of us to see the ball drop in Times Square on TV at 12:00! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
So now I'm all caught up, for a while anyway. Don't you hate it when you have to change from writing 2006 to 2007? I do.
So now we are looking ahead to another new year, the Lord willing. May we all be blessed with health and the abilities to fulfill our earthly tasks in the Lord's service.
C yas soon! rachee
( To commenters: So sorry about the problems you're having with putting comments on my blog!! I'm trying to fix that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment