Saturday, February 10, 2007

Winter Weather

Winter has finally come!
Just a couple weeks ago, we got dumped on. It was so bad that Catechism had to be cancelled. That night we got about 8 inches of snow!! Then last week, we got a deep freeze, with the windchill at about -25 celcius at night and the temperature at about -15 degrees celcius in the day. Now that's called cold!! But when Dad got the wood furnace roaring and the gas fireplace going, it was nice and toasty inside.
Dad also took out his snowmobile and took each of us for a ride through the fields and snowmobile trails. One time, I was riding with Dad on the trail and it was bad weather. Then because of the blowing snow and drifts, we ran into a tree! Then when we rode back, we flipped it and fell off! I was OK, but Dad somehow got his hand badly twisted underneath.
When we got it checked out, the doctor said that we have to wait to see if any broken bones show up in his wrist on the x-ray, or he just has a bad sprain. So he has to wear something of a cast on it for 10 days! We're all hoping, of course, that nothing is broken.
My friend Karen, who I met at homeschool group meeting a while ago, is staying at our place till tomorrow(Sunday). I stayed at her place a few weeks ago. Today we also went skating on the Haan's cow pond today with some other people from our church.
I think that's about all! 'till next post. rachee

Here's a poem I wrote for a winter's day:

SNOWFLAKE DANCE
(copyright 2007)
Flying snow, falling snow,
Walzing into bed below.
Tiny dancers with grace endowed
By the Creator, from a cloud.
Twirling snow, gentle blow,
Diving, swirling, dipping low
Holding hands, cold and wet-
These flakes will dance a minuet.
Warm winds blow, sun glows
Soon snow into water flows.
Though the snowflakes do not last,
Remember the dance of winters past.
(copyright 2007 R.B.)

No comments:

Post a Comment