Thursday, June 10, 2010

Very good quote...


"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of opportunities....

An optimist makes opportunities of difficulties"

Author unknown
(Where I found it from: http://walkingthroughthefire.wordpress.com/page/4/)

Very true, isn't it?
I confess, I am more of a pessimist than an optimist. But if we more and more learn to see things through the light of God's Word, He will help us to see His purpose (if not always right away) in the hard things--that they are for our benefit. (Lord's Day 1, HC)

I wonder- what is more optimistic than the reality that God is always there?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachael! It's Katrina (me and Rachel have a new blog together). I really liked this post on optimism and pessimism. It is really something to think about. It is so wonderful how there is always a light in the darkness thanks to Jesus Christ. I have had so much go on in my life but knowing that he was there gave me the encouragement and mellow optimism that guides you through those tough times. So thanks again for the post. :) Well I hope you are doing well...have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete