So, at approximately 1:41 p.m, there was an 5.0 magnitude earthquake near the Ottawa-Quebec border! Tremors were felt south of there--even Mom and Lydia felt it! Apparently Lydia was lying in bed when she felt the bed move slightly, and Mom was the basement cleaning up with me when she felt it. For them, it didn't really click that it could be an earthquake, until Dad called and said he had heard about it over the news. But I didn't feel a thing! :(
No significant damage or injuries were reported, thankfully.
And, we're supposed to get severe storms either this aft. or tonight. But we shall see.
It is good to have the comfort that God is in control. We can sometimes think that we're really up to date with everything , having the news, weather, etc, right at our fingertips. But He knows more than we can ever know. Perhaps we should leave things to His care more. I'm not saying we should not be up to date with what's happening out there. But we can easily rely on those conveniences, instead of God, ultimately.
I have the same problem.
Prov. 3:5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment