Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another post

I think it's about time for another post, don't you? Alas...I hope I'm not the only one to stare at a blank page with a mind just as blank...if that makes sense. But I came prepared:
I had my first in-car driving lesson last Saturday!!!!!!!! I started a year later than most people, but better late than never. At least it wasn't my first-ever time behind the wheel. Mom and Dad took me 3 times down the backroads. Problems so far? Turning corners not to sharp, not to wide.
Then Saturday afternoon, I took Reuben and Linnea to watch our town's Santa Claus Parade in freezing cold weather. At least we weren't standing in ankle-deep snow like last year. They even had a 'Ratatouie' float! (From the movie "Ratatouie"-very neat movie!)
Then Sunday, our minister, Rev. Slaa, announced that he had received a call from Smithers Canadian Reformed church...in B.C.! He'd already told all us Catechism students on Tuesday, but hearing it again was different, sort of. It's sort of sad...we've had him for almost 7 years in our church and I've had him for Catechism ever since I started. His sermons are really thought-provoking too. But maybe God wants him to move on...after all, that is a minister's life.
Oh, it's my Dad's birthday today!!! (I really don't think he wants me to say how old he is.)
So, I should probably go and finish up some schoolwork and get ready to go to Catechism.
See ya! :)

P.S. Here's the verse that I've memorized for Catechism tonight:
*********************************************************
Hebrews 11:1-3 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it, the people of old received their commendation. By faith, we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out things that are visable."
************
Big evidence against evolution!!

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! Keep up the good work with your driving, soon I'll be joining you on the road, hopefully!
    Happy birthday to your dad!
    I like the verse you put at the end!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! The corners shouldn't take too long to get the hang of. My problem was the big van, but after that you kind of get a "sense" of how big the vehicle is.

    Hebrews 11... Our men's Bible Study has been on Hebrews for the last couple years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! :)
    Our family has a big van too, but I find turning corners harder in the driving school's car than the van!?! Obviously you'd think in a way smaller vehicle it should work better. But ya, I know- Practice makes perfect!

    Hurry up and get your license Karen, then you and me can drive all over the country! jk ;)

    ReplyDelete