Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I feel old....

Yesterday at work, I was setting up the umbrellas for the picnic tables. (The second one always gives me grief!) At the back of my mind I'm thinking "fast, hurry up," etc...
Then a mom with a little girl on a pink trike and pushing a stroller came into the parking lot. The little girl had on the cutest helmet I've ever seen!
Then I overheard her asking her mom why I was eating out here (I wasn't actually)
"No," her mom said, "She's setting up the umbrellas".

Note:
The next bit is a bit fuzzy; perhaps due to my 'oldness'? I did remember it clearly yesterday...

Then I think she said something like why I was doing that.
And her mom said something like, "because the lady's working"
At this I kind of chuckled to myself,
then I thought, "A lady??"
I know I'm not a kid anymore, and probably don't look much like a teen anymore, (except for the pimples) so I guess I'm a "lady"!
Okay, you're probably thinking, "well, duh!", but yesterday it just hit me, shocked me, I guess, that I'm a lady!

Hence the title...I'm feeling pretty old!

No comments:

Post a Comment