Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Classical thoughts...

I'm sitting here listening to CBC's lovely classical web channel...with no news!
Just lovely classics to listen to any time you want. (Check it out in my blog links!)

I don't know about you, but there's something in classical music that's beautiful, even powerful-- something that I hope will never go out of style or people ever tire of listening to. If you've never been to a concert, I highly encourage you to!
How many people do you think still listen to or see Handel's Messiah performed at Christmas?
I guess I love this type of music so much because I grew up with it and play it.

I like the Baroque style the best- music from Bach and Handel's era. It can be a challenge to play, but it's fun to see and hear all the voices in the score flow together so beautifully. I never used to like the way it has to be played- all broken and detached, but that's just the style and you can still be expressive.

Perhaps you're not big on classical music. I like country and easy listening stuff too. But to me, listening to it sorta feels like being transported to the era when life was simpler.
I believe that God placed all those composers in that time for a reason. For His glory, ultimately, but perhaps for people in the future to relax with music.


Now here's something not so classical...the wind must have been blowing in the wrong direction because our house smelled like a cow barn all day! I guess it's not impossible, seeing as how we're just minutes from the country.


And...I went to Tamarack last week! It was great...again! It was nice seeing people from last year, except you think you know them, but can't remember their names. The weather was beautiful, considering how it's been all year. And Cabin 7...you girls were a pleasure to be with!
The theme was "For His Glory" based on Galatians 6:14 "But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment