Monday, February 18, 2008

Finally! A Much Needed Post

I think I'll just forget about all the excuses of not knowing what to post about and just post away.

So....

um...

well...


Why don't I start by saying "Happy Family Day"! Sounds kinda dumb, don't you think? It's a neat idea in itself but, perhaps it's just an excuse to do something together as family just because- it's Family Day. It could be a wake-up call to our broken-down society. Or an excuse to have a day off work(and school). Too me, it seems sad to have a holiday just to be a family.
But you know, maybe I take for granted how blessed I am to have a wonderful family!


I think too much.


Yesterday we had a great sermon by Rev. Pot (afternoon only because morning service was cancelled due to freezing rain) about "Thy Will Be Done" (Lord's Day 49) This could apply to everything-especially worries about what God wants one to do after school. He said that we can worry too much about what we think God wants us to do, than what we should be focusing on here and now: living in obedience to God! God will open doors in his time. Trust and pray. And yet that's so hard for me to do sometimes.

We also had Young People's at the Haan's last night. First we were going to help sing at the nursing home, but we came too late because there was baptism and our church was overflowing to the foyer because some URCers came because their church was cancelled.
Anyway we had a pretty good discussion and also began planning what to do for the Farewell Evening for the minister. Only over a month away! :(

Lydia had her 15th birthday last week!! Makes me feel old!

And I will finish my perch dissection tomorrow even though it's totally gross.

Blessings for the week ahead
Rach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment