What can I say?
Tamarack was awesome!!!!!! Being my first time, I was totally impressed by the
scenery, the
speakers (Rev. Anema, Rev. Bylsma, and Dr. Pipa), the
singing, the
campfires, the
games, and the
overall Christian atmosphere. Very encouraging. I also really enjoyed meeting new people. The weather stayed beautiful,(as evidenced by the pictures)except for a brief shower one day. I think the theme "
Looking unto Jesus" was especially inspiring, because that's who our focus and theme should be in life, and in every situation- our eyes fixed on Him. Talent Night was also cool! Me and Karen performed 2 songs- I played piano and she sang. (Yea, it was sorta nerve-wracking.) The skits were hilarious. I also loved doing morning devotions by the lake...so calm and peaceful. The week was also a nice way to end the summer before school starts. It was sad to leave, but also nice to get back to 'life' again. Can't wait till next year!!!
Keep up the great work guys! :)

*Breathtaking scenery..."the heavens are telling the glory of God; and the
firmament proclaims His handiwork." (RSV)

*The docks where we swam and got sunburnt.

*On the last day I just had to get a picture of the mist on the lake...yes, it was freezing!!!

*Me and a girl named Angela from my cabin.

*All walking back from taking group photos.

*Waiting for group photos.

*My cabin!!! ;)

*Louise walking down the rocks. It was more like climbing to get up to our cabins!

*Last day, looking toward the dining hall.
We had to memorise this verse:
"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us,
and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus,
the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him
endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down of the right hand
of the throne of God."
(Hebrews 12:1-2)
Great post Rachael! Sums it all up I think, that's neat that you put the verse at the end.
ReplyDeleteLuv you, Karen :)
Thanks!!
ReplyDelete