I guess it's OK not to be dedicated to blogging often. I suppose it makes people wonder what you've been up to! No, seriously, I would love to do it more...but...you know.
What have I been up to? Well, last week was mine and Lydia's last week of volunteering at SARI Camp. It's a summer camp for kids with or without disabilities put on by the SARI Therapeutic Riding place in Arva (near London). It's so much fun! If you've worked with kids with special needs, you'll know what I mean. You are the 'buddy' of a kid all week long and help them with activities and riding horses. My favorite part was the riding, of course! You can either be a sidewalker (supporting the kid on the horse), or a leader (leading the horse around the arena). Lydia and I are also going to volunteer during the regular riding lessons during the school year.
That's basically what's been keeping me busy these last couple weeks- the days are from 8:30 to 4:30!
Speaking of school, we've been school-supply-shopping again. I love fresh binders and pens. Lydia is going to school for real this fall! Grade 9!! It is a huge change from being homeschooled! She's not crazy about it. And I'm in Grade 12 this year!!!!!! :0 But I'm going to have to work Xtra hard the first semester because I only got 1/2way through Biology last year. I'm also doing Church history, Algebra, and maybe Geography. I also have to finish up my writing course. Only 3 lessons left! I'm also taking an extra year to finish everything up completely.
On Saturday I'm staying over at my friend, Karen's house till Monday, when we'll be going to Camp Tamarack together! It's a camp up north put on by the URC young people's. I've never been to a 'camp' before, so I hope it's a lot of fun!! Mom, Dad, and everyone are going to a cottage up north at the same time!
It's been cool here lately...weird for late August, or isn't it? I always remembered the end of summer very hot. Great. I'll probably be f-reezing at Camp Tamarack.
By the time we're all back from holidays, it'll be September and school again.
So goodbye sleeping ins and sitting-around-doing-nothing-days. :( :( :( :(
See you in September ;) (can you believe it?)
Cool post! Totally describes the end of summer feeling :) I like the pictures you have below too, See you Sat!
ReplyDelete